This harness and ECM modification is for the following US market engines:
All EJ22 & EJ25 NA motors 1990-2004
Please allow up to 4 weeks for delivery after we receive your harness and ECM.
(We regret to say that we cannot accept for service harnesses that have begun modification by someone else)
- All the engine management functions are fully operational
- Optional interface board to help eliminate 7 fault codes common on these installations. Please note that some codes, automatic transmission for example, may still be present although they do not affect engine performance or operation.
- Your harness will be returned to you with simple installation instructions and most of the Vanagon connectors pre-installed. All harnesses go through a basic functionality test where we check for correct main and fuel pump relay operation before leaving our shop.
- All harnesses are rebuilt to allow the ECM to be placed in the stock location (for 86 and later) under the rear seat. For 85 and earlier Vans, they can also be installed there.
- All wires to the vehicle are clearly marked and the alternator and A/C wires are tagged if this harness is supplied to us.
- If you choose to use our speed sensor, we will prewire that for you. For these engines, please purchase our modified tach.
- When you send in your harness, please include the main relay, fuel pump relay, throttle control relay, oxygen sensor/air flow relay and ECM.